Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 12.36.37.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
conman33158
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gigabit broadband is running at about 20 MBPS

What speed do you get on https://samknows.com/realspeed/ with direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps capable Ethernet network card?

1. Make sure the cable is Cat 5e or better
  2. Make sure your PC/laptop has a 1Gbps or better network card
  3. Disconnect all other Ethernet cables when running the test
  4. Make sure the Hub 4 is not in modem mode
***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Bobbied109
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It seems to have gone back up to where it is normally now around 500 MBPS. It's been up and down the last few days after being fairly consistent for the month or so I have had the service. 

conman33158
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If you run the test it on the site suggested it will show you what speed is coming into the Hub 4, if it's over 1GB coming in and 500mb out the other end then your either using wireless or using equipment that causing a bottleneck 🙂

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
0 Kudos
Bobbied109
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Down to 20 again there must be a broadband problem in my area does anyone know anything about it?

0 Kudos
Bobbied109
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I am using wireless of course, its running at around 20 MBPS then going up to 500 for a minute or so then back down to around 20. Nothing has changed in the set up here. It is the broadband speed. The Sam Knows speed to hub thing is just nonsense as we all know. When I had 200 mb broadband it was always at or around 200 mbps via wireless. 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Well if you think it's nonsense and you know better then by all means enjoy working it out. You say nothing has changed, nothing had changed in my PC but my wireless card still failed hence things do change and fail from time to time and there is a process in diagnosing the issues, but if you can't be bothered then neither shall I.

I would suggest you contact VM and see what they say.

0 Kudos
Bobbied109
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sam Knows always says it is coming to the Virgin hub 4 at around 1049 mbps. My iPhone my, my Apple TV, my iPad and my wife's phone are all fluctuating from around 20 mbps to around 500.  So it must be getting lost in the Virgin Hub, but there don't seem to be any errors listed on the hub dashboard. 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried via wired connection and if all good then the wireless is the issue. To be honest the Hub 4 wifi capabilities are dire and you'd be better of with a third party router which most people like myself opt for. Usually a factory reset sorts it out but eventually reverts back to it's old ways 🙂

0 Kudos
Bobbied109
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I'll try a reset, although I have Bt whole home discs which were very reliable reliable and it's running at the same speed as the hub wifi. I don't have any wires any more. 

All the best