on 11-07-2022 09:39
Ok so I had m500 and it was amazing, so last week I changed to gig1, every time I go out when I come home I have to turn my Wi-Fi off on phone and turn it back on to connect. On my ps5 I’m getting lag forward where the fifa game fast forward to catch up. Never had this problem until I changed.. I’m getting download speed of 200/400 and no more. Anyone got any ideas. Thanks
on 11-07-2022 10:19
Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.
For the phone problem, try splitting the SSID as below and manually connecting to the best band.
• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.
• Disable the Smart Optimisation on the wifi bands.
Also post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping
Once done we can comment.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks