cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 upload upgrade

Geoff_UK
Superfast

Hi,

Given that business customers have all just had an upload speed increase, with Gig1 customers seeing their upload speeds doubled to 100Mbps, what are the chances of this being rolled out to domestic customers?

Apologies if this has already been asked - I did a search, but wasn't able to find anything relevant.

Thank you.

2 X ASUS RT-AC66U B1's in AP mode
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

A low number of residential customers have shown Hub 4 + 5 configurations with 110 Mb/s as the Upstream Max Traffic Rate.

No PR material or rollout timelines as yet.

Restart the Hub occasionally to see if this is in your area.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Client62
Legend

A low number of residential customers have shown Hub 4 + 5 configurations with 110 Mb/s as the Upstream Max Traffic Rate.

No PR material or rollout timelines as yet.

Restart the Hub occasionally to see if this is in your area.

IPFreely
Fibre optic

Over the next three months or so pretty good. 

So how long until I get 100 mbps upload for home customers I pay top nuoch 4 everything 😑 haven't even been allowed hub 5

I m on Gig1 with Hub 5 , upload still 52mbps ...... 

@IPFreely wrote:

Over the next three months or so pretty good. 

That was 4 weeks ago. It's still a work in progress.

There are many more residential than business customers. Quite a bit more caution needed with the roll out.

When it's ready is the best answer, with some significant roll out happening in the next couple of months.

Some areas will be earlier, some will be later, some won't get it at all: instead those customers will be able to move to XGSPON for their upload fix. 

Deuc
Joining in

I've received an email from Virgin,  informing me that my upload rate has now been doubled, but after the Hub 'turn off and on again' routine that was advised,  still sits at 50Mb.  

I can only assume that the email was sent prematurely,  and that the increase is coming,  but who knows. 

I'm in HP19 postcode area

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for me - no upgrade from 32Gb to 52Gb - I think they'll get around to doing it when they introduce IPv6 to the network.

wevsky
On our wavelength

Mine went up to just over 100 upload speed right after i switched off router etc. i got the email so did this straight away, checked again today and back on 50, did the router again and still 50.. so no idea why

Hi wevsky,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome back to our community, how has your upload speed been since your last post, have you been seeing the increase yet?

Regards

Paul.