cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 upload speed half what it should be

adeysmrs
Tuning in

Untitled.jpg

this is from my hub i pay for Gig1 broadband and was told that i would get 104mbs upload the best i have got since i signed up is 53 mbs i live in area30 when will the upload speed be what i am getting charged for 

13 REPLIES 13

adeysmrs
Tuning in

Screenshot 2023-07-03 103803.pngScreenshot 2023-07-03 103858.png

what does the Virgin 1000x50 mean does that mean i have not got the upgrade to 104mbs upload 

tda2806
Dialled in

Feel free to joining in this discussion 

No Upload speed increase..

Client62
Legend

Oh la la ...  "was told that i would get 104mbs upload"

Increasing the upper tiers upstream bandwidth to a 10:1 ratio is a during 2023 rollout.

neizt
Joining in

Screenshot_20230708_224404_Chrome.png

Mine still says 1000x50 at the bottom but clearly been upgraded already

Hi @neizt 👋.

Thanks for raising your concerns with us regarding your upload speeds, we are still rolling out 100 mpbs upload speeds peoples Hubs, but not all are able to receive that due to the equipment capacities in their area. 

We are working on getting those who do not yet have the new upload speeds resolved, unfortunately we do not have a timescale for this in your area, but you will receive correspondence when we shall be working in our area to implement this.

👉 News & Updates

👉 Uploads

Thanks.

Sabrina

Well that's quite possibly the most honest statement I've seen so far on this issue from VM. I do wish this had been made clearer sooner; would have saved a whole load of back-and-forth.

@Sabrina_B wrote:

Hi @neizt👋.

Thanks for raising your concerns with us regarding your upload speeds, we are still rolling out 100 mpbs upload speeds peoples Hubs, but not all are able to receive that due to the equipment capacities in their area. 

We are working on getting those who do not yet have the new upload speeds resolved, unfortunately we do not have a timescale for this in your area, but you will receive correspondence when we shall be working in our area to implement this.

👉News & Updates

👉Uploads

Thanks.

Sabrina

You didn't read the post correctly.

adeysmrs
Tuning in

I am supposed to get 104mbs upload with the 1 gig broadband checked again today and at the hub its still only 49mbs I was a new 1gig customer after the upgrade came in so should have got it from the start but I don't get it