cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 upgrade from M500 Oomph

AdamantUK
On our wavelength

I'm currently on M500 Oomph and looking to upgrade to Gig1.

Anyone know what this would cost as I'm currently on a deal?

If I just bought an O2 PAYM SIM (currently about £8 a month), would I then get a free upgrade to Gig1 with Volt or would this not apply as I'm already on Oomph?

/me wonders why this needs to be so complicated! 🙂

12 REPLIES 12

Hey @AdamantUK,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

You may have been kept the same broadband speed as you cancelled the O2 side of your services and would therefore stop any upgrade to your package.

Have you spoken to the team about this at all?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi @Steven_L,

Not spoken to anyone as, from what you can see on the thread, I get different answers every day depending on who messages me.

I currently have a "Volt" service showing which I imagine wouldn't do if my account had gone back to the service I had before my Volt benefits were applied?

There was an email before this happened that said "We’ve updated your Virgin Media and O2 accounts to confirm your eligibility. Your Virgin Media benefits have been applied from [17/12/2021]" and then another email that said

Your new package now includes:
Broadband: Volt M500 Fibre (max speed)
We've removed:
Broadband: M500 Fibre Broadband

The "max speed" made me think maybe the system doesn't thing Gig1 is available and I would get quicker if it was but this was after the nationwide rollout so wouldn't make much sense either.

Unfortunately, I'm at a loss as to what's going on and happy to pay a little more to get Gig1 but it's been an absolute mess so far and I wasn't willing to risk going over 14 days as then I'm stuck with an O2 SIM as well and (potentially) no quicker Internet!

Hi @AdamantUK

Sorry about all the confusion with the Volt packages. We do have all our information here that is tailored to customers and non existing customer for both Virgin and O2. Here is the link if you haven't seen the website already.

As you have cancelled the O2 sim you'll no doubt get another email saying that you have swapped back to the M500 and removed Volt. It also take up to 14days after O2 have confirmed you have signed up to Volt for a speed boost to be applied to your service and that is with both existing and new customers.

If you have any other questions or concerns, I'll be happy to help.

All the best for the New Year.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley