Menu
nublarfan
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Gig1 - real speed to router low

Hey guys!

I just got Gig1 today and have been getting ~okay speeds of around 700mbps on WiFi. 

I took a look at the Sam Knows RealSpeed test and I'm only getting speeds of around 850mbps to the Hub 4 and 700 to my computer (via WiFi). I get around 900 to my computer via ethernet (higher than the stated speeds to the hub ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

I've seen a lot of other posts both on here and elsewhere and most people seem to be getting the full 1100mbps to their hub. 

Could it be an issue with the connection/cables?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2020-07-30 at 17.54.43.png

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig1 - real speed to router low

900Mbps sounds about right, including overheads, on a gigabit ethernet adapter.

Transferring data on my local network only gives 880Mbps:

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@nublarfan wrote:

I've seen a lot of other posts both on here and elsewhere and most people seem to be getting the full 1100mbps to their hub. 

Other people use bandwidth on your connection too your can't always get the full speed.  

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
nublarfan
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I was referring to the low speed directly to the hub, which is not reaching the advertised speeds. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What is your speed like using SamKnows >> Speed Test <<

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos