Menu
benw1987
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Gig1 fibre, not getting what I paid for!!

Hi all,

ive been doing some research on my shocking speeds since moving from M600 to gig1

on m600 I got a steady 550mbps at any given time using Ethernet directly into my hub 3

i plugged my hub4 in and even directly connected via Ethernet with nothing else connected I’m seeing no more than 400mbps

i have checked the docsis channels and I have 31 3.0 channels and 1 3.1 channel, I’ve factory reset the hub 4 and tried a new Ethernet cable and still no luck, please help!!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig1 fibre, not getting what I paid for!!

What speeds do you get at >> Sam Knows Real Speed << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
benw1987
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

411mbps to my pc according to that page

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What speed are you getting to the Hub ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
benw1987
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

1054, seems even more strange now since i've used a few brand new cables (am a network engineer so always have spares)

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OK, your WAN Supply seems to be good; just need to work out why you get such low speeds from the Hub to the PC.

Are ALL devices disconnected from the Hub ?

0 Kudos
benw1987
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

yeah, I did a full factory reset on the hub and all my devices connect to a different SSID

The only ethernet in the hub4 is my laptop which has a gigabit NIC with the latest drivers

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you boot the PC into 'Safe Mode with Networking' and speed test again please.

0 Kudos
Cheule
Up to speed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I found that my PC was unable to keep up with the flow of incoming data, due to my antivirus insisting on checking all packets and getting bogged down.

Virgin 1gbit - Superhub 4 modem mode --> RT-AC3200
0 Kudos