Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Gig1 Upgrade fantasy

I've been told i can have Gig1 on marketing mails etc. Checked online and some contradiction as to wether or not i can actually have it. , no option to upgrade online, just get stuck in an infinite loop of blank pages saying can't upgrade online. Live chat takes me to a useless bot that continually asks me the same questions in a loop. Anyone got an idea as to how i'm meant to discuss an upgrade that's been pushed out with no call centres, no web chat and no way to contact VM?

Thanks all!

D

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig1 Upgrade fantasy

The call centres are open. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They may be open, but they don't make it easy to get through to a human. I'm on my 6th attempt at option chasing and on hold... an hour in so far. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oh the good old days when you could just upgrade or downgrade your services online think Virgin Media got rid of that option about 5 years ago pity that they've not updated their website to acknowledge the fact

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@thelion wrote:

Oh the good old days when you could just upgrade or downgrade your services online think Virgin Media got rid of that option about 5 years ago pity that they've not updated their website to acknowledge the fact

Given you don’t have the option to do it on the website anymore that’s pretty much acknowledged 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@thelion wrote:

You've never been able to downgrade services online via My Virgin Media, and the online upgrade system has always had restrictions as what it would show as upgrades for existing customers.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've been told i can have Gig1 on marketing mails etc. 

OK, your money, your choice.  But looking at some of the issues reported here with the Hub 4, I'm in no hurry to have either a gigabit connection or a Hub 4.  For some people it is working fine - but if your gigabit dream all turns to tears of blood and a rain of ash, don't say you weren't warned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If VM are going to offer speeds of 1100gbps yet no domestic router can process that without a loss, realistically you get around 900 max, a loss of around 200. The hub 4 has the same chip as the hub 3, a known bug with no fix, so are we going backwards rather than forward? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Morrile wrote:

If VM are going to offer speeds of 1100gbps yet no domestic router can process that without a loss, realistically you get around 900 max, a loss of around 200. The hub 4 has the same chip as the hub 3, a known bug with no fix, so are we going backwards rather than forward? 

No just continuing to cheap out is all 🙂

0 Kudos