Menu
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Gig1 Latency issues Bracknell in the evenings

Hello

I have recently started getting a lot of latency issues in the evenings when playing online games. My think broadband graph is showing some major spikes and speed tests show slow upload. Please can this be looked into by a member of the team. Gig1 is not cheap and I don't expect to be getting these issues for a premium package.

Stats are all OK. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig1 Latency issues Bracknell in the evenings

Post a link to your BQM - even when the forum staff get round to replying (which is taking quite a while at the moment due to workload) they won't be able to see that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you go to 192.168.0.1 and then sign in, go to Advanced and choose Show Router Status, then copy and paste the Downstream, Upstream and Network Logs results in here? Any Mac IDs will be automatically censored by the forum software so no need to manually do so 🙂

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Aaron2 Any ... IDs will be automatically censored by the forum software so no need to manually do so

So long as you copy and paste as text. 

If you post screenshots, then the forum software can't redact addresses, the resulting image is unreadable mush due to loss of image resolution, images containing addresses are (rightly) blocked by the moderators....and we don't help people who post screenshots simply because we're brutal and unforgiving.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just as well I didn't ask him for photos then.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos