Menu
user1234561
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Gig1 Extremely Slow upload Speeds

Upgraded to Gig1 today, getting single digit upload speeds most of the time, goes to 22 Mbps at best.

I have the Hub4 in modem mode so those checks are done on LAN, no wifi involved.

For what it's worth, downloads are pretty bad too (hovering way below the minimum guaranteed speed of 570Mbps at 300Mbps).

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig1 Extremely Slow upload Speeds

What speed do you get on https://samknows.com/realspeed/ with direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps capable Ethernet network card?

1. Make sure the cable is Cat 5e or better
  2. Make sure your PC/laptop has a 1Gbps or better network card
  3. Make sure Hub is NOT in modem mode
  4. Disconnect all other Ethernet cables when running the test
***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
user1234561
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So I've been measuring over the last week and it's the same pattern:

During working hours, I'm getting single digit upload speeds which is completely unworkable. After working hours, I get back to 40mbps.

So this seems like a serious congestion issue on Virgin Media's side. 

How can I get in touch with tech support to resolve it?

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Best to ring VM on or just after 8am or alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, but this will typically be between 5-10 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are.

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos