Menu
Weion
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Gig1 - Eth Ports are not Negotiating 1000M while in Modem mode and aren't working at all in Router Mode

Hey everyone,

I am wondering if anyone can help, I am having a slight issue with my Internet speed at the moment as the Ethernet ports on my Hub 4 are not negotiating 1Gbps but 100Mbps instead.

I am currently using the Hub 4 in Modem Mode so I thought that it could have been the Router itself (Netgear Nighthawk R9000), I tried to revert the Hub 4 to Router Mode but now the Ethernet ports don't work at all unless I switch back to Modem Mode, so I am now thinking that it may be a fault with the CPE itself.

I have tried other patch cables while in Modem Mode but the same issue happens - I am using a CAT 7 Ethernet cable in my office.

I connected my PC wirelessly so I could get a SamKnows RealSpeed test completed and the WAN to the Hub 4 is receiving 1084Mbps on the download, so the ports should be negotiating 1Gbps.

Any help would be great thanks!

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig1 - Eth Ports are not Negotiating 1000M while in Modem mode and aren't working at all in Router Mo

With the hub in modem mode what speeds do you get with speedtest.net?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Weion
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig1 - Eth Ports are not Negotiating 1000M while in Modem mode and aren't working at all in Router Mo

Funnily enough, now I am getting 822.79 Down and 52.39 Up on VM to VM servers which is what I expect.

This issue seems to be intermittent, however. When the ethernet jacks are stuck at 100M I only get ~90Mbps Max.

Not sure if this is a known issue or isolated to my Hub itself, unless a guru refreshed my Hub. 😄
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried factory resetting the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Weion
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I have tried that multiple times, each time I do - or if I set it to Router Mode - the Ethernet ports stop working and I am forced to connect wirelessly to get it put back into Modem Mode. It also doesn't correct the issue consistently.
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig1 - Eth Ports are not Negotiating 1000M while in Modem mode and aren't working at all in R...

Hi Weion, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. I have taken a look on our side and it does like you require a replacement hub.

What I will do is private message you so we can get this sorted for you. 

^Martin