cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig internet constant issues

Mike197015
Joining in

Had gigabit internet for over a year and had nothing but issues our speeds are anywhere from 90Mb to 900Mb having phoned virgin customer support on several occasions i keep getting told to do a pin hole reset every single time they are total robots dealing with issues we had a fault for over 4 months in the end i lost my temper and got put through to cancellations

they sent an engineer out who replaced our modem due to a fault with it never got any acknowledgement at all or and compensation even though there was near on daily phone calls to customer services over this we are supposed to guaranteed a speed of 538Mb

i have the virgin modem connected up to a network switch via cat6 and they keep blaming my switch even though ive repeatedly told them that even when we connect to the virgin modem directly that we don't get the minimum speeds we are supposed to be guaranteed 

Here is our speed test as of this morning having phoned customer support we are told that there is no issue with the speed “there end”

Mike197015_0-1690875576846.png

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Mike197015, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about this, also a warm welcome to the community.

I have taken a look at my side and I want to run some tests with you, I am going to send you a PM.

Please look out for my message in your inbox. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Seeing speeds drop to 90Mb/s download over a network cable link is almost always a sign of a network cable that has gone out of spec and is causing one end of the connection to de-rate the link from 1000 to 100Mb/s.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Run a speedtest from www.samknows.com/realspeed   Use a direct wired connection.  Post the results here for comment

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks