Menu
whaevervmkcus
Settling in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Getting less than half the speed i'm paying for

So for the past few weeks I'm only getting 80Mb/s when I should be getting 200, I have done all the required tests, I'm quite fed up as I cant even speak to a person, I am now looking to get out of my contract.  I have tested on ethernet, I have rebooted my router, which I have in modem mode as linked to a third party router.  I have had this config for a while and its been fine.  I have switched back to router mode and the same result.

Annotation 2020-08-29 153956.pngAnnotation 2020-08-29 154016.pngup_twoup_twoAnnotation 2020-08-29 154106.pngAnnotation 2020-08-29 154126.png

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting less than half the speed i'm paying for

So do you want help or do you want to cancel?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

80Mbps is always a suspicious number (just under the 100!). Usually means the ethernet cable has been changed to a Cat5 one or has failed (change it for a new Cat5e/6/7 one) or the network card is set (or defaulting) to 10/100 rather than 1GB or the drivers need updating. Check those things first.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
whaevervmkcus
Settling in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, do you want me to be exact, its between 70-80 Mbps. I have more than one cable but they are CAT6. I have two network cards in the computer used for testing, one is 10/100 and one is 1Gbps. As I said, I was getting 200 Mbps before 2 weeks ago, where it has remained at 70-80 Mbps for the 2 weeks.

0 Kudos
whaevervmkcus
Settling in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As I said, I am very frustrated at not being able to speak to someone and I am paying for a service that I am not recieving, so yes unless I can see steps being taken to rectify the situation I want help to leave, is that something you can help with or do you have any other advice, if not then please go away and let a professional deal with this.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@whaevervmkcus wrote:

As I said, I am very frustrated at not being able to speak to someone and I am paying for a service that I am not recieving, so yes unless I can see steps being taken to rectify the situation I want help to leave, is that something you can help with or do you have any other advice, if not then please go away and let a professional deal with this.

Your original message was confusing.

I couldn't tell if you wanted help with your connection, or help with cancelling.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@whaevervmkcus wrote:

if not then please go away and let a professional deal with this.

Ok we will

FYI: this is not a hotline into VM - there are several other ways you can contact VM - try them.  This is a "Community Help Forum" and as you clearly dont want any technical help or advice on how to leave efficiently,  from this community, use those other vehicles from now on.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've heard that Twitter and Facebook have plenty of advice to help.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

LOL I have seen these angrys poster come and go over the years (they always go), what a way to ask for help.

Do not bite the hand that feeds you!

baby.JPG