Menu
chris0101
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Gaming lag - major lag spikes for a while

I know this is Christmas day so congestion is higher on the network, but damn this is bad. 

It's been bad for a month or so, but today it's the worst it's been for ages and its unusable for gaming. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/396b30a81b768332a130ecf3994665dadd...

Screenshot_20201225-201438~2.jpg

It seems to settle around 2am and start again at 8am. 

I am just stuck like this? Unusable for gaming

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gaming lag - major lag spikes for a while

Hello

Yep your connection has high utilization and the only way that this can be resolved would for VM to upgrade your part of the network, this can take several mths to do, it will need reporting one of the staff member will have a look at the post but can take upto a week, alternatively you can call in or use the text service.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Haroldas
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM staff ignoring topics about high ping because they cant do anything. I waiting 4 weeks with no answer. I recommend just look for new provider 

0 Kudos
chris0101
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So far today it seems massively improved. The bqm shows this too. 

Strangely this improvement took place right after 12am, not a gradual improvement but a sharp one.

Strange?  Maybe virgin were so overrun on Christmas? Or maybe measures were taken to balance?

Seems odd that it happens exactly at 12

0 Kudos