Menu
Beccahuntxx
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Gaming is slow

Had virgin media set up since March and we have bought the 200mbps package however never seem to get higher than 50. I understand it’s busier as everyone is working from home etc however this has been going on before then. Checked everything as told to on the online chat and all says fine however when running speed test on Xbox we get less than 30mbps. What do we do!? 

0 Kudos
Pawan_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gaming is slow

Hi there my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician PS4/Xbox will never run more than 60mbps it’s something how they were built 

I would try hard resetting the the hub you can find this at the back of the hub there should be a little hole that you can put a pin into press for 10/15 seconds 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Post your Network logs and power levels. Also setup a BQM www.thinkbroadband.com/ping
This will help identify any issues with your incoming VM circuit.
0 Kudos
tfbise16
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is not true I have achieved download speeds for 100mb+ on xbox.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connect with a wire not wireless. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos