Menu
vikardomilos
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Full week of internet trouble, now the internet is dead

Completely dead now. An engineer came yesterday to fix the trouble but it's now just completely gone. 

old thread here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Packet-Loss-and-Very-Slow-Speeds/td-p/4388739

And my internet which has been tracked all week is just a red bar. https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/0730164dcbf087b0c8ea74393548e67983...

An engineer has already come, this is unacceptable quality. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Full week of internet trouble, now the internet is dead

EDIT:  Sorry missed your earlier thread so deleted the reply

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
vikardomilos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Bump, Internet still totally dead. I don't want to pay for dead Internet.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why have you started a new thread ? It has resulted in "disconnecting" you from the VM person there that was trying to help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
vikardomilos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I pmd him first thing this morning and I've had no reply 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Only problem with PM's is that if the VM person is off work - day off/holiday/ill etc - you wont get a reply until they get back - but starting a new thread with the same issue is unlikely to get you another contact and you would be better calling in - try at 08.00 - they should spot the issue and book another tech visit

A wall of red BQM usually means its stopped responding to pings - so try in  Advanced Settings > Advanced > Ping >  and ticking Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP - save settings and restart.

Or I got it recently when myi.p. address suddenly changed from the one I had set the BQM up with - so worth a look to see if your has too.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
vikardomilos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OK ill do that first thing, thanks 

0 Kudos
vikardomilos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Where is the advanced settings? On the think broadband site or on the router options itself 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's in the Hub settings somewhere - sorry but I can't actually be more precise as I have never owned a Hub3 - SH2 only ! Others might know and respond.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos