cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frost causing TV/Broadband signal to drop out.

shelvock86
Tuning in

Whenever there is a frost outside, usually early mornings, our TV signal drops out almost entirely and we get the error message 'CS2004 Channel Failedc on all channels until the weather warms up through the day and then the signal comes back fine. This has been happening ever since we had our new 360 box installed and the engineer replaced some of the connections on the Omni Box outside. Yesterday, the broadband signal also dropped out furbto the snow and frost. As it only happens when it's very cold out, by  the time customer service is open it has usually resolved itself and they therefore can't find an issue from their end. Please could someone help as it's getting very troublesome in the mornings and I need it sorting.

36 REPLIES 36

Ok thanks Gareth 👍🏼

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks shelvock86. 

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch if you experience any further issues or have any questions.

Take care, 

Nat

So I am still experiencing TV signal loss in the mornings when it has rained, even in this warmer weather.

So clearly water is getting in to a cable somewhere in the street as the engineer that came out checked all the house cabling and said it was fine.

Can your network team put a monitor on my connection so they can see when the issues are arising please? I will not be paying for a service that is not fit for purpose for much longer.

Hi shelvock86

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I am sorry to hear this is ongoing. There's nothing showing when done a system check so have reached out to the field manager for your area for their observations.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

Not had a reply from my last few emails to you.

You've booked an engineer appointment for Monday, and I've told you I won't be in as we're on holiday all next week but you haven't confirmed whether or not the engineer needs to come into the property of if they're just checking external cabling.

I do not want to get stung with a missed appointment charge when I have told you I won't be in.

Thanks

Matt

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi shelvock86, 

Our apologies for the delay in response and getting the appointment rescheduled. 

When will you be back from holiday and available for the visit please? 

Thanks, 

Nat

I've replied to the SMS I received now and changed the appointment to the 16th, however it's saying its my "connection day" as if the engineer is coming to do a new installation. Will the engineer know what they're actually coming to investigate?

This whole thing is getting increasingly stressful and I don't see why it should be so difficult.

Thanks

Hi shelvock86, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and confirming you've already rescheduled the appointment. 

The engineer will know the reason for the visit based on the account history 🙂

If you have any further queries or questions, pop back and let us know how the visit goes. 

In the meantime, enjoy your holiday. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

So here's an update, we had another engineer visit who did some tests and said they the cable coming into the house had been crushed, so booked for a team to come out and run a new cable to the house.

This was done whilst we were at work one day (not done a great job of relaying the paving bricks on the driveway that they removed to run the cable)

Put the TV on this morning and the issue is still present, no better whatsoever. Will be contacting you to cancel and moving my services to BT as I'm not continuing to pay all this money every month for a rubbish service that you can't fix.

IMG_20220727_065613158~2.jpg