Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Frequent Speed Drops

Hello,

Please can someone help? I've been having regular serious drops in speed such that audio and video calls are not possible (pretty important with two people working from home!). Our package is for 200mbps, but when running a speed test its going as low as 1-2mbps and regularly running at less than 20mbps.

A reset of the router often returns us to 170-180mbps but then it drops again.

I've followed all the checks on the speed check post and still no improvement.

I've got the logs from my router but apparently that exceeds that character limit for the forum!

Thanks in advance for help.

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frequent Speed Drops

Hi,

If you could private message me your account number and site/area reference number I can look into this for you! Be sure not to send them openly on the forum!

Thanks,
Steve
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frequent Speed Drops

Same issue here. It's now been 2 weeks - apparently there was supposed to be a fix completed by 24/04 but nothing seems to have improved.

Download: 1.46 Upload: 13.2...

0 Kudos