cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free upgrade still in effect?

RLipscomb
On our wavelength

Folks,

Does anyone know if the free upgrade to boost the upload speed from 52 to 104 is still available?

I’m on the Gig 1 service and thought this would have been applied automatically when I upgraded in May / June timeframe.

… how do I get this or have I missed out? 

Thanks, Rob

4 REPLIES 4

carl_pearce
Community elder

Moving from 52 to 104Mbps should be automatic and available to everyone on Gig1, however, some areas have capacity issues meaning it won't be available till the end of this year. 

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RLipscomb, thank you for your post.

Have you received an e-mail, letter or text message notifying you that a free upload speed boost is due to be applied?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience. 

Thank you for your support @carl_pearce 👍

Regards,
Daniel

Hello … Back in May - if memory serves - there was a whole media campaign about everyone getting a free upgrade and those on Gig 1 would go to 104 from 52mbps. Granted I was on 500mbps at that time but then upgraded in June and wondered if this was still being applied. 

So, I’ve not had a letter or anything but I was basing this on the massive media campaign so wanted to check.

not to sway to much, but I’ve had murders over the last couple of weeks with my speed post works conducted on the network and can see that only today it is finally attempting to get back to normal. We will see if it remains stable! 

Hi RLipscomb,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

Just to clarify please, when you were on 500mbps, did you receive any communication at that time regarding the upload speed upgrade?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide