Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Fluctuating Speeds

Hi,

My M350 is fluctuating massively. Highs of 384Mbps and then a few mins later its down at 20Mbps then its back up at 384Mbps. I’m measuring over wifi but wouldn’t expect to see fluctuations that drastic.

I had an engineer come out today and said everything was ok infrastructure wise and couldn’t do anything more then what he’s done already.

what should my next steps be?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fluctuating Speeds

Evidential speedtests for the VM team to work with are done with a cable connection at speedttest.net.

Firstly set up a BQM at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal coming into the property, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing.

Then

Type 192.168.0.1 into your browser URL bar and press enter.  When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’. Copy and paste the contents of each tab onto here, a Guru will be along in the not too distant future to decipher the info.

Then

Set up a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gb capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other items connected and carry out your speedtest.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fluctuating Speeds

Connect via a LAN cable directly into the router and run a few speed tests and then go to https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality and sign up as it will monitor your connection.

Not sure what area you are located in but for me it's been shocking over the last week, could be a apparent backend upgrade has gone wrong but quite a few people are having the same............

0 Kudos