Menu
Joey88
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Firestick speed

Have a firestick testing at 13mbs. My network speed is 219mbs. Haven’t a clue why. Anyone?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Firestick speed

What model is the Firestick ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
BatletUK
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This has been discussed here before, likely you have either an early Firestick which dosen't do 5g or it's a later one that's not seeing the 5g beacuase of Amazon's flawed 5g implentation on the device.

If it's the latter, you can look to see which channel the Hub is using, if it's one of the DFS ones,  the Firestick won't see it.

That said, you don't need much above about 15-20mbps for consistent 4K streaming on a Firestick. 

Mine gets about 100mbps (says the speed test app), but the only real difference is that Netflix films start playing quicker, makes no difference to the quality.

Oomph Hub3 (modem mode) RT-AC68U with Merlin F/W.

My Broadband Ping - VirginMedia

My Broadband Speed Test
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you're on 2.4GHz try 5Ghz, my stick connects on the latter band at about 50Mbps.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Joey88
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It’s an early one. Just using it as something for my boy’s tv. Use an android box myself. Full speed ahead on that.

0 Kudos