cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre cable from wall to router

Jallyha2023
Joining in

Hi there,

Is it normal to have a fibre cable only 60cm long?

I have checked on Sam knows real speed, router dl is 1148 Mbps and device dl is 450 on Wi-Fi,

will a longer fibre cable and new placement fix this please?

Cheers

Jallyha2023

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Longer internal coax cables are available if placement of the Hub needs to be changed.

The 450Mb/s speed over WIFi is very decent indeed and it is most likely at the limit of what the mobile device is able to drawn and sustain over its internal WiFi adaptor. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

Longer internal coax cables are available if placement of the Hub needs to be changed.

The 450Mb/s speed over WIFi is very decent indeed and it is most likely at the limit of what the mobile device is able to drawn and sustain over its internal WiFi adaptor. 

Hi ,

Thanks for your assessment of my situation however might I add,

It is a pity as my device of 5G is capable of over 1 gbps albeit the Wi-Fi only a dismal performance comparatively

I revoke this reply.

What HUB do you have?

What device are you referring to for 1Gbps over WiFi?

Near 2 Gbps 5G over mobile data on a smartphone which is NOT Wi-Fi but mobile data comparatively with home Wi-Fi 1 Gbps only 450 Mbps however is 699% faster in my area on Wi-Fi reason for revoking my reply initially.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Jallyha2023, and a very warm welcome to you!

Do feel free to return to the thread if you have any further questions or concerns in relation to the speed of the services to your devices and we'll be on hand to assist where possible, if this is indeed required.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn