Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Faults department

Does anyone know a direct number for the faults department? There must be a quicker way to contact them rather than having to give all the details, get transferred, wait on hold for eternity and then have to give all the details again? 

Or can I request a callback? Trying to sort out our extremely slow broadband speeds, only to get cut off after being on the phone for an hour is very frustrating.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faults department

There's no direct number I'm afraid. But if you could post details of the problem here I'm sure someone will be able to help you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Our broadband should have a guaranteed minimum speed of 54mbs but we're only getting between 17 and 27mbs. I've tried all the troubleshooting things suggested on the website and after an hour or so on the phone earlier, finally got through to the faults department but got cut off. Can they call me so I don't have to go through all that again? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What's happened to the overseas call centers? Looks like COVID is being used as an excuse to not to want to talk to anybody, can understand if this were at the start of the pandemic but we now 6 months in and I've also been trying to call CS once or twice a month and after waiting you end up with a dead line.

Not have a go at you or anything, just a general purpose, what the hell type post 🙂

In HA7. Billing Area 21.
Utilisation Fault
F003502423: Review Dates -> 07/10/2015 -> 02/12/2015 -> 20/01/2016 😞 -> Closed 🙂
Utilisation Fault F004873444: Review Dates -> 29/03/2017 😞 -> Closed 🙂
Utilisation Fault F005506920: Review Dates -> 09/08/2017 -> 08/06/2018 -> 13/06/2018 -> 11/07/2018 -> 12/09/2018 -> 29/05/2019 😞 -> Open 😞

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are those speeds measured over WiFi?  If so, do a speed check with a wired connection to the Hub.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How would I do this please? The only wired thing is the TV set top box

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The speed that Virgin advertise is for a wired connection to the Hub. They cannot promise the same speed over WiFi because it depends on local conditions in your house and with your mobiles.  If you think the provided speed is down you will have to measure it with a wired device like a PC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is there a special way of getting VM's attention on here? I'm a long-time sufferer and still I've had no contact from VM - they are uncontactable!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Superhub-4-packet-loss-on-BQM-can-t-view-router-status/td...

Thanks