Menu
Luddite101
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Fault progress

Hello

i have had intermittent speeds for months. Often below 0.1mbps. I pay for 100. After months of complaining and being fobbed off I finally got an engineer round yesterday who agreed there is a problem. He cannot fix it - it’s back at base. Fault code F007941842. Due to be fixed at 16.05 today. Yet still problems. No change. 

As a key worker I desperately need my connection to work. But it’s unreliable, forcing me to tether to my mobile for hours on end. 

how do i check on the fault and how to I get a speed even 30% of what I pay for? 

Upload speed is generally fine. 

help?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault progress

Fix dates and times are estimates not firm dates 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Luddite101
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Is there any way to get an update on progress sorting a known fault?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Luddite101,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the broadband issues. I've checked and there is a congestion issue affecting the service. F007941842 is the reference number. The estimated fix date is the 27th May 2020.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Luddite101
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Is there anything I can do? I can understand congestion. But this problem predates lockdown. And in any case, speeds below 1mbps are effectively useless - certainly not anywhere near the service paid for, and way below a functional speed. Do I just need to continue to tether to a mobile to be able to work? The estimated fix date keeps being missed...

0 Kudos
Luddite101
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I also don’t understand how it can be congestion dropping my speed to 3.58 Mbps at 0536 this morning. There are not a lot of other people in the neighbourhood up yet...

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Luddite101,

I've checked things this morning and see the estimated fix time has been extended until the 3rd June.

We're not able to go through normal diagnostics whilst you're affected by an area issue, but a few things you can do to try and improve the service, would be to check all the wires and cables are secure. And you can find information on the best home set up options here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Luddite101
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. This is not really good enough. The date keeps getting extended. I had an engineer last week who said there is no problem with my wiring. I aM stuck. Virgin is not supplying the service I pay for. Or anywhere close. But then says it can do nothing as there is an area fault. But then I am told the ‘fault’ is due to congestion. Which is not going to end soon. And which makes no sense as it cannot be more congested before six am than at noon.

can anyone help me make some progress? I just seem stuck in an endless loop (ironic given the Virgin logo) of hell. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There’s nothing you can do but wait. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry for any confusing information Luddite101,

The congestion issue does not necessarily affect customer at only peak times.

We'll be doing all we can to resolve this as soon as possible.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos