forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
IsaacKingsley
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fault/Remedy 008782255

Hi,

I previously raised a post on the Gaming sub-forum but this probably a more relevant place to post.

Could I get an update on fault "008782255"

thanks,

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault/Remedy 008782255

Call it in and ask - that will be quickest - as the VM staff can take 5-10 days to get to posts on here.

Or try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - and see what that reports if anything

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
IsaacKingsley
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok so I managed to get through. No update on the case stated above.

Maybe it's because I'm already wound up, but as soon as I mentioned compensation or the potential of me leaving the CS Rep sounded defensive and said there is an outage that will be effecting me that is due for resolution on the 5th of March. When I asked for a fault number I could check online she said she couldn't give out details and said I'd be able to see it if I logged in to my account. I have "No known issues" in service status on my account.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lets look at the connection then Assuming its a Hub3.

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
IsaacKingsley
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've been through all this, it's over utilisation. An Engineer has been out and resolved a high downstream power issue it's the upload that is saturated. The problem has been present since end of October/start of November but has only recently been unbearable. I 1st posted in Dec

It is a superhub 3. I used to run my own router with the hub in modem mode, I switched back to using the standard hub3 to prove to CS that wasn't my own equipment

I have been running BQM for the last 3 weeks or so, You can see results on my initial post. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/CoD-Warzone-latency/m-p/4599477

I'm just getting annoyed with support dodging questions. I spoke to the Indian call centre after a 30 min wait yesterday to be told that they can see an outage issue and that I can't see it on my service status because they can see more which makes the service status page half useless if it only shows full outages. Which I think I'd already know about because I'd have to use 4g to go to the page to check if my internet wasn't working
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@IsaacKingsley OK, without wishing to be provocative, what exactly are you after? 

You now know that there's a claimed 5 March fix date, but you are confident you know what the problem is (and I agree that it is over-utilisation), and if you've done your reading here, then you will know why it is happening, that VM can't and won't do anything about it, and that the only likely fix is an end to lockdown and a return to offices and schools.  Other posts in this forum will have covered your alternative options if that's not good enough.  If you want a credit against your account for the poor service, then just raise a formal complaint (expecting that to be brushed off, lost, or rejected), and after that you escalate to the arbitration scheme asking them for to impose settlement on VM that compensates you.  If you make your case properly, then you'll probably win, if CISAS decide that VM have handled the complaint reasonably, then you won't, although that won't cost you anything other than a modicum of time and effort.

Now, In terms of a bit of honesty about the rash of upstream over-utilisation issues....well, ain't going to happen.  The best you'll get is the sort of mumbled statement about "network congestion caused by Covid, working our little socks off to resolve this", or blatant rubbish about "all looks good from our side, must be your wifi".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

IsaacKingsley
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I want updates on wth they're doing to resovle it if they're giving me dates for resolution that are just passing and it seems like I was only being given that as I said I was thinking of leaving. I was given the 19th for the fault number in the title which has passed, I've now been informed of a new outage in my area that nobody in the past couple of weeks (it's apparently been a thing for 10-12 days) has told me about on the day that my initial problem was meant to be resolved which just seems like they're covering their asses. I hate being strung along. I don't want to leave as other providers download speeds in my are shocking and I work from home so having so switch providers will just be disruptive as my phone line is with virgin. What's the point in having the service status page if it doesn't give out actual useful information?

The March 5th date is a completely different issue to what I was originally given but what I'm being told is "Ah yes, I can see an issue that would be effecting you. But you can't see it so you'll just have to take my word for it".
The level of communication is very unnacceptable, and I understand that everyone is using the internet. I had to get a 2nd VPN and internet line for users at work to split the load as the entire network was a crawling unusable mess

I find it hard to believe that the congestion problem in my area was unknown to them until I raised with them that I was having internet problems, the engineer who sorted my downstream problems started the process of raising the problem

The only people actually responding in the forums are community like yourself who can't look in to problems. Last night I had spikes on my average ping up to 140ms... I'd be better off gaming on a 4G dongle with unlimited data, that would be cheaper than the £74 a month I'm giving to virgin

0 Kudos