Menu
mystaharris
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fake calls

Hi

Ive had a call from 01444 595 621 today advising me that my internet was giving tase codes and that my speed was slow. They said they were form virgin media and asked me to undertake  speed test which showed i am getting 80mb download and 25mb upload on a 350mb deal. They then alsed that i enter in a web address in my search bar which i then out the phone down.

Can you advise if the number above is from virgin and also why i am only getting 80mb when i should be getting 350 mb

Thanks

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fake calls

Got a few of them myself, I ended up just pulling the phone line out of the hub as I never use it anyway. Absolute pests, got 7 calls on the same day from 7 different numbers, no phone line now so no more calls but that wouldn't suit everyone that uses their home phone line all the time.

What speed do you get on https://speedtest.samknows.com/ with direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps capable Ethernet network card?

1. Make sure the cable is Cat 5e or better
  2. Make sure your PC/laptop has a 1Gbps or better network card
  3. Make sure Hub is in router mode
  4. Disconnect all other Ethernet cables when running the test
***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
mystaharris
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Got all cat6 and WAP running from the hub3 however the hub 3 as a router is shocking. It’s limitation on WiFi strength and the ability to hold a high speed is non existent. Have tried multiple ways to better the quality of this hub but it’s just not cut out for the job. I have had 350m of speed for a few days the it drops, my guesses are Virgin promote the speed and allow you to have it for a while then drop it over time so you don’t realise. Having spoken to the CS team they are able to increase the speed at their end funnily enough but that only lasts a few days before it drops back down again.

I hear the Hub4 is the way forward but this is limited to certain customers that have constant issues. The fact my speed was monitored for a month by offcom still hasn’t inspired Virgin to upgrade my hub at all.

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I use the Hub 4 myself and believe me your not missing much, poor wifi from those puppies lol. Have mine in modem mode and using Asus routers for my needs. You would think by now Virgin would have there act together and bring out a decent router, I mean, they offer 1 Gigabyte fibre with a speed of around 1086mb coming into my hub but as the hub is only 1Gbps Ethernet capable the throughput is only 940mb max, so I'm losing out on over 140mb of speed, the mind boggles 🙂

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos