Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Extremely slow upload speed all of a sudden

Hi all

I am having major problems with my broadband and no one at Virgin seems able to help. I have had Virgin broadband for a number of years and this issue has occurred all of a sudden in the last week or so.

The upload speed has pretty much ground to a halt showing speeds of 0.5mbps. The latency is showing 188ms and download speed is between 2 and 10mbps. The upload speed in particular is causing problems such as sending emails with attachments, the last email took 20 minutes to send! Again, this has never happened before and prior to this, all of the speeds were all good.

I have spoken to Virgin media, spent hours on the phone, I have re-set the box and switched it on and off, as per their instructions and still the issue is not fixed. It seems that they have no idea what the problem is.

There were storms in our area last week and I wonder if the two things are linked. Any advice would be most welcome.

Thank you

Nick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Extremely slow upload speed all of a sudden

Firstly set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

then

Type 192.168.0.1 into your browser URL bar and press enter.  When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’. Copy and paste the contents of each tab onto here, a Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely slow upload speed all of a sudden

Thank you I will try that

0 Kudos