forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
VickieB
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Extremely slow download speed

Hi guys, 

I'm hoping someone can help me, we have had problems for at least a month with our broadband speeds. I only say at least a month as that is when we got a fire stick and we noticed it was buffering a lot. I tried the usual reboot, followed the help guides etc and were still only getting an average of 40mbps. We're on the M200 so should expect an average 213mbps, it says it's for busy households with 10+ devices. In fact there is only me and my husband, we have 2 fire sticks, only one is watched at a time, a mobile each and 1 tablet which is hardly used. We have the same issues when one of the kids comes round as when it's just the 2 of us. The box is just under the tv so it can't be a distance issue. I've used the speed test site and app to check our speeds as advised by Virgin. We've recently downgraded our package from the whole house (3 boxes, sports & movies, phone and internet) but this has been going on much longer. I've tried contacting Virgin but obviously in the current circumstances I am unable to get through. Please help, I've attached the report from speed test in case it helps. You can see it increased after I did the reboot but it has dropped back down again.

Screenshot_20200630-212817_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200630-201830_Speedtest.jpg

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely slow download speed

You need to speedtest when wired.

Wireless speeds and connections aren’t guaranteed 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
VickieB
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary,

I'm not sure how I do that, I've been doing the speed test on my phone. 

Thanks 

Vickie

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wireless speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos