Menu
Cuong_Nguyen
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Extremely slow Speed

Hey,

My area reference is 021

I have been experiencing very slow speeds, although having Mb100 The numbers are nowhere close to 100 as seen in the picture below: 

5E7336B8-4CAE-422E-9F8A-2D8BBFAE04DC.jpeg

Our WiFi is used in a family household and have 8 devices connected to the WiFi. If there is anything you guys could do it would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely slow Speed

What speeds do you get wired to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Cuong_Nguyen
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I do not have wires to connect to the WiFi so unfortunately I cannot test that out, sorry.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Then there’s no way of measuring accurate speeds 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can connect any device anywhere in the house on cat5e/6 ethernet cable - even if only as a temporary test.

All you need is a long run of cable - 50m is cheap - and, if needed, the correct RJ45 to "whatever" adapter for your device.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos