Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Extremely Slow Upload Speed After Moving House

Can anyone please help or share similar experiences?

I moved house and transferred my Virgin account to my new address (on next street) earlier this week. I livestream every day for 20 mins for work purposes, and since the move the upload speed is so slow it's pretty much unusable, and I'm having to resort to using a mobile Wifi Unit to do my live broadcasts as the upload speed is more than double. 

I've tried using both ethernet and Wifi, very little change. Is the slow upload speed a Virgin universal? I don't want to pay for broadband via cable if I also have to pay for data for my mobile wifi unit every month to make up for the lack of speed 😞

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Extremely Slow Upload Speed After Moving House

Did u install your self or did an engineer move you over? If you did yourself, the levels might be off which is causing your speeds to slow down. If not try and get an engineer back to solve the problem. Upload speed goes no higher than 30mbps if you have a 550mbps package. If lower package, then obviously lower up load speeds.

Hope this helps?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely Slow Upload Speed After Moving House

Hi - thanks so much for this. An engineer installed, so I'll make contact and see what they can do. Appreciate help!

0 Kudos