Menu
Domwilko
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Extremely Slow (2Mbps) In Swindon SN3 3 Postcode Area

Could one of the Virgin employees please let me know if there is currently an ongoing network issue in the Swindon, SN3 3 area? The self-test online says there are no current issues, but when I phone up to log a fault I get an automated message telling me that they are dealing with a complex issue within this postcode area, which is taking them longer to fix than expected.

So which communication is correct? Not very consistent communications.

If there is a fault, then please can you post the F00xxxxx ticket reference?

I've currently got about 2Mbps download and 0.65Mbps upload, measured wired directly off the cable modem. I've rebooted all of my kit, etc. etc. so it looks like a network fault, but it would be nice for someone to confirm and clarify.

Cheers,

Dom

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely Slow (2Mbps) In Swindon SN3 3 Postcode Area

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Domwilko
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

John,

You've just copy and paste what someone else posted in a previous post and it wasn't very helpful the first time round!

It would be more useful if someone actually answered my question rather than regurgitating standard scripted responses. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

Try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting your district. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos