Menu
KnownAsNobbo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Extremely Poor Connection

I was directed to post to this forum via the Virgin Media Twitter support page where I was told that changes and checks to my hub could be made.

After having extremely poor connection for months and going through all the relevant checks on the Virgin Media Connect app, when sat 2 meters from the router I am still drawing 1.31 Mbps download, sometimes raising to the eye-watering heights of 4.0 Mbps. In my bedroom I can't even open a PDF, making completing work for my Masters impossible, meaning I have to commute to University, putting myself and others at risk unnecessarily due to my poor connection.  

How would I go about rectifying this issue?

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely Poor Connection

Do you have hte same experience when connected to the hub via ethernet?

can you set up a BQM - once set up, find the Live Graph and click "Create Sharing Link" - post that back here.

Next, browse to your hub on http://192.168.0.1 - don't log in, click Router Status - copy/paste the tables from the Upstream, Downstream and Network Log tabs back to this thread - you'll need multiple posts for this, the info wont all fit into a single one..

0 Kudos
KnownAsNobbo
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely Poor Connection

Hi,

When connected through ethernet to a games console the connection has still at times been extremely poor.

I'll do as asked in this thread when I get home.

0 Kudos