Menu
zymunt
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Extremally high pings

Hi,

Lately I experience intermittent issues with connection quality, that is usually not detectable by speed tests, if anything upload tests fails sometimes, but pages wont load. I've tried different devices and web browsers.

It looks like there might be a problem with a router, albeit stats are within specs, although upstream power is 3.9 - 4.075 dBmV, witch is probably due to the software decimal point error. I have Hub 3.0.
Wi-Fi channels are set to recommended (2.4 GHz) and completely clear on 5 GHz. Sometimes its impossible to use internet even when my device is literally touching the router

My PC is connected  to the router via cable, and it also experience issues, that not as severe as wireless devices, but are visible while using GeForce now, that indicates "spotty connection".

Ping test in router suffers 60% of packets loss.

packet lost 60%packet lost 60%Screenshot (10)_cr.png

I've set up "Broadband Quality Monitor" and there is visible latency, usually around 10 pm there is a huge spike.

Broadband Quality MonitorBroadband Quality Monitor

Recently engineer checked my connection and installed attenuator that improved connection quality, but haven't c

hecked wifi and his visit was brief.

Please let me know if anyone knows a solution to such elusive to diagnose issue or should I book engineer again. Thanks!

0 Kudos
zymunt
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremally high pings

screenshot.png"No Ranging Response received" error is occurring every day, according to network log.

There are no known issues in my area (area reference 30)

0 Kudos
zymunt
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

screensho_censoredt.png

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HI zymunt, thanks for the message, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service. Can you confirm what tests you have done? Is the issue still there and what hub are you using? ^Chris. 

0 Kudos
zymunt
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, im using hub 3.0

I've tested pings and speeds - in router ping test dropped 60% of the packets and exceeded 15000ms I've tried different serves including virgin media ones. Speeds on all public speed test sites I've checked were within expectations, also usually pings were around 15-18ms.

"Broadband quality monitor" showed some spikes on ping times (it is in the picture in post above)

Checked if there is WiFi congestion, but I am on clear 5ghz channel, and reasonably occupied 2.4ghz

Engineer checked router and discovered slightly too high downstream power, bit it's directed now and I'm checking it regularly.

Internet feels a little unresponsive, especially on WiFi but also on my ethernet connection. Some of my iot devices are delayed or intermittently not reachable.

0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi zymunt, 

Thanks for confirming. 

I have had a look from our end, everything looks fine.

Have you tried testing a different Ethernet cable?

I can see your hub hasn't been rebooted recently, would you be able to do a pin hole factory reset please? If you need help doing this let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
zymunt
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have just recently upgraded ethernet cable to cay 7 for that very reason and no change. Router is about 3 months old and I expereicehs thoses issues from the very beginning.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming, it looks like we'd need to book in a follow up appointment for you.

I'll pop you over a private message if you could please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
zymunt
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I was happy after the engineer replaced my router and fixes some loose cables in junction box, everything seemed to work much better since then, until now.
I experience the same issues as before. High pings and packets loss, no ranging response and unstable connection in general. I don't have any idea what to do now...

Screenshot (42)_cr.png.Screenshot (43)_cr.pngScreenshot (44)_cr.pngScreenshot (45)_cr.pngScreenshot (41).pngScreenshot (40).pngScreenshot (39).png

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Post the stats from the 'Downstream' and 'Upstream' tabs.

0 Kudos