Menu
Highlighted
Bruceyboy3386
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Existing customer speed upgrade?

Any idea when existing customers can upgrade from M350 to 500?

Tia

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cmrobertson33
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing customer speed upgrade?

Hi

Either have a look on your online account to see if its an option or give the sales team a call.

Regards

CM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Andruser
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing customer speed upgrade?

The online account only shows some of what is available, so if you can't see what you want that doesn't mean it isn't available.  According to My Virgin Media, my 200 Mbps package is the fastest available - but when phoning them to haggle for a discount they offered me a 350 Mbps connection with a TV package included for less that I was paying for 200 without TV (although I still turned it down).

500 Mbps is a little bit different because the roll out is phased and not all areas can get it, but as Cmrobertson33 says, if you phone 150 and select options for upgrading your package then the staff should know what you can get.  

I'd also suggest you consider whether you'll actually see the benefit of a speed upgrade to 500 - very few wifi devices will be able to take advantage in real-world conditions, and even on a wired connection, how long do you sit watching download bars or spinning circles where the constraint is your VM connection rather than the server?

0 Kudos