Menu
sololite
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Everyone in our road on Virgin complaining about very slow speeds today

Hi Virgin,

There are a dozen houses in our road (including mine) experiencing very slow download/upload speeds today.

Everyone is on fibre connection and getting very slow speeds across all the various packages. Anecdotally people are saying it got worse since Christmas.

I happened to run speed tests before Christmas and got 100mbps down and 4 mbps up.

Today I get 13mbps down and 0.2mbps up.

Any idea what's causing this and when it will be back to normal? Let me know and I will PM you my account details.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Everyone in our road on Virgin complaining about very slow speeds today

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

Try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting your district. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

I would call in and get your neighbours to do the same otherwise you could be waiting for over a week before anyone at VM knows about it.

Call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 10 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

I would call in and get your neighbours to do the same otherwise you could be waiting for over a week before anyone at VM knows about it.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
sololite
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Everyone in our road on Virgin complaining about very slow speeds today

Thanks for the advice Mike. I checked my service status and it says there are no local issues. I think it would be like trying to herd cats if I tried to get all the neighbours coordinated. Interestingly when I went through the online fault logging it offered me a new hub which I have requested. I might log a call by phone as you suggest and let you know how I get on. regards

0 Kudos