Menu
Highlighted
Corinne1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Erratic broadband today after outage yesterday

Had a total service outage on my fibre connection yesterday for a couple of hours, then it seemed to come back OK.   Today, it seems to be dropping out, very slow, not loading photos, etc and a bit of a nightmare to do anything online.

I am in a newbuild estate where they appear to be doing all the services connections (houses all have FTTP) on the next batch of houses and I'm wondering if this is part of the issue?   Would be nice if Virgin let you know there could be issues though, and offered to compensate for lost and unsatisfactory service levels.  I managed to report the complete outage yesterday, but how do I actually report erratic or inadequate service when the service checker is saying it is OK?

Think I am in area 14?  (Wakefield district, Yorkshire)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Erratic broadband today after outage yesterday

Morning Corinne1, 

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear you've been having some broadband trouble.

I've run a health check and can see there is an SNR outage that you're currently effected by. The fault reference number for this is F007200466. It was raised on the 19th June and has an estimated fix date of 27th June at 9am.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this, I've popped you over a private message (little purple envelope in the top right hand corner) so I can get a few more details from you, so I can ensure you get a refund for the downtime 🙂

Get back to me when you can.

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos