cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic Stats

muffintastic
Superfast

Hello fellow members.

Can someone take a look at these from M350, I have done a service check in the area, this would be Area 31 postcode of WS7 - Seems there is planned maintenance on the first of April. 

I only really noticed on the upload side of things wasn't really achieving what is being paid for. 

Ran fast.com test and the download is around 350-420 and upload is 10-19 so clearly there is an issue in the affected area, this as been ran on ethernet and 5Ghz (Dual band AC) and near enough same results, running Asus RT-AC86U - So I know it's not my equipment, I've also restarted the Hub.

muffintastic_0-1648293848756.pngmuffintastic_1-1648293928786.pngmuffintastic_2-1648293959869.png

muffintastic_3-1648293985974.pngmuffintastic_4-1648294008065.pngmuffintastic_5-1648294054939.png

Usually as there aren't ever any Pre RS Errors either, usually everything is 0. So, I can only assume there is a fault at the postcode WS7 Area 31 as stated on the service check since there is planned maintenance 

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Erratic upstream QAMs point to SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) fault in your area. You could try a full pinhole reset. Also set up a BQM. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Erratic upstream QAMs point to SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) fault in your area. You could try a full pinhole reset. Also set up a BQM. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Gathered. I have done that step and re checked the service website, still indicating a fault for the mentioned postcode. I will give it a few days for the fix estimate and try again if it's not fixed do the usual steps and report back. 

There's definitely a service fault affecting the upstream, so there isn't really anything you can do until that has been cleared. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

@jpeg1 wrote:

There's definitely a service fault affecting the upstream, so there isn't really anything you can do until that has been cleared. 

I did a hub reset. That at least for now has managed to get the upstream speed back to where it was. Was very painful indeed, slow as anything just to plonk it back into 'Modem mode' must've been a good 20 minutes. 😪

Doing test using my own router upload seems fine again but it's still all erratic in the logs anyway.

Hi there @muffintastic, thanks for your post.

I have checked things over on my end and it seems like the open ticket for the known fault has now been resolved. Are you able to perform a pin hole reset on the hub to see if you see any changes?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

@Nathan_B wrote:

Hi there @muffintastic, thanks for your post.

I have checked things over on my end and it seems like the open ticket for the known fault has now been resolved. Are you able to perform a pin hole reset on the hub to see if you see any changes?

Regards

Nathan

Upload stats seem to have settled now, no T timeouts either. Seems there are a lot of Pre RS Errors on the download side however never used to be never hit 1 but getting a lot. Virgin Media website checker still indicates a fault in the WS7 however and scheduled maintenance is still planned.

Hi @muffintastic, thanks a lot for your reply and confirmation.

I've re-checked things over on my side for you, and 100% at the time of writing the fault has been resolved. 
What is the Virgin Media checker stating is the fault, has this changed since the time you wrote your post?

How are things for you at the moment?

Many thanks

Tom_W

muffintastic_0-1648887140676.png

...They did some on the 1st too. So, I assume they're upgrading or fixing or expanding.

muffintastic_0-1648888030647.png

muffintastic_1-1648888052252.png

Speeds look fine for M350.Hopefully after this scheduled maintenance the errors will go away and not come back, as stated they've always been 0 so... Rebooted the Hub get back on the proper Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)