Menu
kawagringo
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ending contract updated with faster internet

Hi, 

2 days ago I upgraded my contract, which was due to finish end of this month. My old contract had TV, Phone Line and Broadband 200Mb/s, my new contract which is started 3th July 2020 yesterday have just broadband 350Mb/s. I checked speed my broadband and still I have 200Mb/s, when I start receiving 350Mb/s???

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ending contract updated with faster internet

Hello

It normally is updated after 24 hrs as it has been 2 days can you please power off the hub for a period of 30 secs and then turn it back on, once the lights on the hub have stabilized then retest.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
kawagringo
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Done reset still same.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Phone up and ask for the config to be pushed out 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
kawagringo
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Trying contact with Virgin from yesterday, absolute joke, waiting on phone 30-40 minutes no answer, so I try chat same story, got open chat box for hrs now no answer. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The mods here don’t have the tools to do those changes I believe. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
kawagringo
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Solved.

Spoke with customer service on chat they told me 30 days notice for disconnect old services and connect new one. Shame 2 days ago guy on phone told me is going live in next 24hrs.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@kawagringo wrote:

Solved.

Spoke with customer service on chat they told me 30 days notice for disconnect old services and connect new one. Shame 2 days ago guy on phone told me is going live in next 24hrs.

thats worth another phone call - it might be different as you had given 30 days notice and are dropping parts of your package but changes to speeds/packages are usually instant when you upgrade - i would have expected the new speed to be done now and the 30 days to apply to what you are cancelling

Tony
0 Kudos