cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eero pro 6 500mb to 1gb

j3griff
Tuning in

Just upgraded to 1 GB from 500mb few days ago. For past few days I've not noticed really any difference from a speed perspective maybe 50 quicker sometimes. Has anybody experienced this and dropped back down to 500mb?

9 REPLIES 9

carl_pearce
Community elder

@j3griff wrote:

Just upgraded to 1 GB from 500mb few days ago. For past few days I've not noticed really any difference from a speed perspective maybe 50 quicker sometimes. Has anybody experienced this and dropped back down to 500mb?

Have you checked if the upgrade has occured?

You can check on your HUB under 'Check Router Status / Configuration'.

Yep I can see the speed to my eero pro 6 is roughly 960mbps

@j3griff wrote:

Yep I can see the speed to my eero pro 6 is roughly 960mbps

WiFi or wired from the eero pro 6?

Wired. 

Just over wi-fi I was expecting more of an improvement. So under 500 I could stand by the router and get roughly 500 now if I stand by it in get roughly 500-600. Just contemplating if upgrading is worth it

@j3griff wrote:

Wired. 

Just over wi-fi I was expecting more of an improvement. So under 500 I could stand by the router and get roughly 500 now if I stand by it in get roughly 500-600. Just contemplating if upgrading is worth it

Keep in mind the broadband connection is shared across multiple devices concurently, meaning you could be speed testing on one device at 500Mbps whilst still having 460Mbps spare for other devices.

What spec is the device you are testing from? WiFi 5, WiFi 6, what MIMO rate, etc?

There are 10's of standards of WiFi, and you need good hardware on both sides to get faster speeds:

https://www.duckware.com/tech/wifi-in-the-us.html

It's from my z fold 3

@j3griff wrote:

It's from my z fold 3

If it's this one it does appear to have WiFi-6

https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-z-fold3-5g/specs/

If you access the 'Connections' section on your device, click on your connection, and click the cog icon what network speed does it display?

My mobile as an example:

Shows 720mbps.

So I guess that's the max can see?

@j3griff wrote:

Shows 720mbps.

So I guess that's the max can see?

You roughly two thirds that value to get a real world speed so 480Mbps ish so yeah, about as expected.

This value changes based on several factors including:

• Distance from your router/mesh system.
  • Interference from other local networks.
  • Walls, objects, and other physical obstructions.

You could check the Eero pro 6 if:

• Wifi-6 is enabled.
  • The 160Mhz channel bandwidth is enabed.

WiFi-6 should allow much faster connection speeds, upwards of 2400Mbps depending on the device.