Menu
ccmcd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dropping connection when it rains

Hi,

We are having issues with the wifi dropping out during rain and storms. Is this normal?

I noticed probably six months ago that after the Virgin installer had set us up they left the brown box outside completely exposed with the cover for the box discarded on the floor.

Is it possible that the connections have been damaged by exposure to the rain? I tried to tape the cover back on the box but we still get dropped connections in bad weather.

Can I request here for Virgin to come out and replace the brown box with a new water tight one? Also will they check the connections at the house for damage?

Many thanks,

CC

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Dropping connection when it rains

Yes call it in and they will send a tech to refit the cover and check the connections/wiring.

Call in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ccmcd
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank for this John,

I will give them a ring.

CC

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ccmd,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

Sorry to hear about your dropping connection when it rains. Have you been able to reach our team regarding this since posting? Do you still need help resolving this?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ccmcd
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Akua,

I have not had a chance to ring and speak to anyone yet.

Is it possible to arrange the check and new brown box here?

Many thanks,

CC

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the response @ccmcd

I would be happy to help regarding this. I have sent you a PM regarding this. Please look out for the purple envelope on the top right hand corner of the page and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ccmcd
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Akua,

I cant see any new message in my PM's. Are you able to re send?

CC

0 Kudos