Menu
Insona
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Dropped Packets and High Latency

Hi

Been having an issue I mostly see when Streaming to Twitch. I see frames dropped making it impossible to make content. I've had a Think Broadband trace on my internet and since mid November I have seen large Packet loss and quite often High Latency.

This is a major impact for me as its my work and  I rely on the income and the issues are now having a major impact on my mental health

When I've run speed tests on system I'm lucky to see over 10Mbps I actually did a test last night and it was at 1.29 Mbps when my average should be 35Mbps

I did manage to stream Monday night with no issues and after checking Think Broadband and there was no Packet loss

I've changed cables etc at a cost to myself to ensure no issues there but still the same

Please Help

Broadband 01.PNGBroadband 02.PNGBroadband 03.PNGDetailed Network Status.PNG

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dropped Packets and High Latency

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

What speeds do you get at >>  SamKnows << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Which cables did you replace ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Insona
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I have a Hub3 in modum mode with a ASUS GT-AX11000 ROG Rapture 802.11ax Tri-Band Gaming Router, Speed Up to 1.1 Gbps, MU-MIMO With OFDMA Tech, 3 Level Game Boost, Gamers Private Network, Game Radar for Server Connection as a Router

My Contracted Speed is 350Mbps Down 35Mbps Up

Cables change with connecting cables all to CAT6

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

What speeds do you get at >>  SamKnows << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Insona
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Out at other job. 

The speeds are intermittent they can hit 400 down 35 down at times depending on graph. 

So was wondering how one snap shot test like this will help seems it fluctuates so much

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It puts a picture to the problem.

If you don't want to do it please say so and I will not bother putting any more time into your problem.

0 Kudos
Insona
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

for an example here are some other snapshots

Screenshot_20210105-144844_Samsung Internet.jpg01.png02.png03.png

0 Kudos
Insona
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I'm just trying to understand how that helps if there is a fluctuation in the reading thats why I'm here for to get help and to understand the issue.

Lets say I get another reading of 1.3 Mbps or 10Mbps or even 35Mbps trying to understand 

0 Kudos
Insona
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Here are the tests you requested 

They are better at the moment on the Upload Speed but I'm not seeing the Packet Loss since about 1am this morning either. This has got better since the Christmas period finished. I've had no notification of possible issues in area etc But looking online there seems to be a lot of reports of Outages in my area. Newport , South Wales

Thank for you help and time 

Screenshot 2021-01-05 205837.pngScreenshot 2021-01-05 205953.png

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

If possible can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Please post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Live Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

0 Kudos