Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dropouts, Slow upload speed, packet loss

Hi there,

Can you please advise if there is still issues in my area? I saw on the Service Status page earlier today there was a fault which is now fixed apparently.

But since then, my upload speed has been <2Mb and i'm seeing around 5-10% packet loss to default gateway.

I've called 0800 561 0061, and it tells me there is a "very complex" issue in the area.. but it's been saying that since August?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dropouts, Slow upload speed, packet loss

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

1ATDMA0010
2ATDMA0000
3ATDMA0000
4ATDMA0000
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Try a reboot to see if the Hub can renegotiate a better connection using this method ...

Switch the Hub off using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord and pull the PSU plug from the wall socket.

Give it a good 5 minutes put the plug back in and switch the Hub back on.

Allow the Hub a few minutes to fully restart then try your connection again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike,  I've tried this several times over the last couple of days but I still see packet loss and poor upload speed capabilities

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5fe3038df43f797afe961ffb993f57900b438294-24-10-2020

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Decided to factory reset the hub, and now looks like better upload speeds again.

My hub has been in modem mode for most of it's lifespan, and when I reset it today it appears to have updated the software.

Might be a coincidence but I'm now seeing 20MB up.

Will be interesting to see the BQM graph in a few hours

0 Kudos