Menu
dictap
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Drastic speed drop

Hello and hope all are well.

My issue is with speed drop. During the day all is fine, 200Mbs with Speedtest results of 200Mbs plus, but not at night, it drops to 5Mbs download but maintains 20Mbs upload.
Today is my day off work so decided to monitor the problem. Speeds were good until a test at 14:25 when the speed dropped off.

Earlier in the week we were losing connection so I changed from auto channel optimisation to manual and found a channel not being used by other WiFi’s which stopped the disconnection.

devices are Ethernet wired pc, WiFi laptop and iPhone 12 all giving the same result.

An engineer has been booked for Wednesday, very frustrating, any ideas on the problem, thank you

9D72EF74-CA3A-40C0-A079-A8516DE4614D.jpeg

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Drastic speed drop

If VM have booked you an engineer there isn't much we can do apart from good luck.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos