Menu
Selim1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Download very slow

Hi can you please help ? Help 😥

I have 350 fiber . I choose the most speedy one . Since March my streaming is very very slow ! Can’t watch properly a movie or sport.

thank you for your help as I can’t get in touch with no one at Virgin.

I am not a techie guy so please send me steps to follow and please precise if I have to go in my online account .

Thanks in a d’avance , hardly waiting for help.

stay safe .

selim 

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download very slow

Hello,

Have you done any speedtests to see what download speeds you are currently getting?

I have something which may help though, on a device that is connected to your Hub, in the address bar type in and go to: 192.168.0.1
This is the Hub homepage and let's you adjust settings in your hub. The password you need will be on the base of the Hub in the bottom right hand corner, it will be 8 digits. It is not your WiFi password.

When you have put the passsword in if it does not load a simple refresh will get the page to load. Then on the left hand side you will see a list of options, click on Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal.

On this page you will see options for 2.4G, 5G and Smart Wifi. Ensure 2.4G & 5G are both Enabled.
Make sure the Channel width for the 2.4G is set to 20/40, and for the 5G it should be set to 20/40/80.
Make sure Smart Wifi at the bottom is disabled. When all that is done click Apply Changes, it will take 1-2min to update the settings and it will kick devices off the WiFi during that time but they will automatically reconnect.

Hopefully this will help with your issue!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
0 Kudos
Selim1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi john ,

thank you .

i have actually scanned my hub after doing what you told me .

i found that my video streaming is very very slow only 4K and this is my problem as I am watching video streaming’s all the time .

what can I do ?

should I send you a photo of the scan by texte message ?

cheers 

selim 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What speeds do you get wired to the hub directly?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Selim1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have 4K on video streaming.

very very pooor .

the good think is that I am in touch with Virgin by SMS since yesterday 4 am .

incredible but true .

i am still waiting for help .

0 Kudos
Selim1
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Looks like my broadband is ok but my video HD streaming is very slow .

i am now at more than 13h waiting for someone at Virgin to answer via sms.

cheers

Selim 

0 Kudos