Menu
Danny5182
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Download speeds

I have M100 fibre Broadband and have noticed that my speed has dropped from an average of 80+mbps to an average of 15mbps, I use the same speed test recommended by VM and have tested the speeds morning and evening using the same device. My question is does anyone know why my speed has dropped when VM guaranteed me speeds above 54mbps . 

0 Kudos
h1jfg
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speeds

I'm on Vivid350 and have had fantastic download speeds for about a year. Often hitting 380Mbps at pretty much any time of the day. However, in the last feew days I've noticed a serious drop in download speeds during the day. I now seem to be capped at around 90Mbps until just after 10PM. Then my download speeds start to increase gradually and by 10:30 I'm back at full speed.

The fact that it always drops to 90Mbps suggest throttling to a fixed figure, rather than congestion. But I thought VM didn't throttle ........

0 Kudos
Danny5182
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speeds

***Update*** I have spoken to VM who say my hub isn't responding and performance is limited which needs an engineer visit to rectify.  Let's hope the speeds can be fixed by the engineer 

0 Kudos