Menu
Evilscotsman
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Download speed

Hi I have a hub 3 and M350 broadband. While trying to download a game I ran a test, with LAN connection, The test I ran came back with 44 mb/s download speed but actually downloading at 4 mb/s. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speed

How are you connecting your device[s], Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Evilscotsman
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm always connected via ethernet. I saw a tip to disable the router firewall this did make a slight difference but still not the speed I should be getting.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Go into the Hub Settings > Connected Devices and see what the connection speed for your device is.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Evilscotsman
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its showing a connection speed of 1000 mb/s. We don't have 1gb where I stay

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Evilscotsman wrote:

Its showing a connection speed of 1000 mb/s. We don't have 1gb where I stay

That tells you that the Local Area Network (LAN) is capable of 1000Mbs.

Do you have any third party equipment such as Power Line Adaptors [PLA] (doubtful) or Router between the PC and the Hub?

0 Kudos
Evilscotsman
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry it took so long to reply. Its my ps4 and its connected directly to the hub. Like I said when I disabled the firewall on the hub the download went from a 9 hour timer down to around 40 min, but i think it should've taken less than that.

0 Kudos