Menu
kimwiles
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Download speed

Hi, we are trying to download last est update on COD on 2 Xbox one consoles, using wifi I have M500 broadband and getting speeds of 3.86 Mbps???? Wifi is at 84% -any ideas? Don’t want to wait 11 hours 😥

94064CEC-F49B-497A-BB6F-72FF252747D7.jpeg

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speed

Use a wired connection?

Speeds will be slower over WiFi and bandwidth limited by the server you’re connecting to as well. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
kimwiles
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - we did use wired connection in the end which was a bit of a faff bringing a tv and Xboxes into the same room as modem. Still was only getting up to around 70Mbps though - I guess the whole world was connecting to the servers for the download! 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI kimwiles, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you were having issues with the broadband service. Can you confirm if this is still the case?! Can you confirm what hub you are currently using? Has moving the equipment to the same room helped at all?- Chris 

0 Kudos
kimwiles
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply. The issue was with downloading game updates on Xbox. I used a wired connection to speed it up. Normal gameplay is acceptable. I don’t think we are getting anywhere near the advertised speeds though. I can’t permanently site all equipment in the same room as the modem is in the kitchen. Not sure of the model it’s a white one, where would I find out?

regards

kim

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming this for us Kim.

Are you able to post your network logs here for us from your Hubs advanced settings? 

If you just copy and paste these so you can remove any IP addresses or MAC addresses, you'll find the information to access the settings on the base of your Hub.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
kimwiles
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, haven’t a clue how to do this & I consider myself a reasonably competent computer user!

Kim

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You won’t download games at the speed of your broadband. 

Especially from Xbox 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi