Menu
mpitterson
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Download speed

Download speed terrible ping 200ms plus I'm paying for 350m.

Marty20
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speed

Sorry to hear this. Have you logged into the admin page of your router? Please go onto 192.168.0.1 on any web browser and enter the admin password (from the back of your router if you have superhub1 or superhub2, or from bottom of router if you have superhub3). Please view the network status and copy onto the forum so we can look into this for you. Thanks, Marty

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
mpitterson
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Martyvm.JPGvm1.JPGvm2.JPGvm3.JPG

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

level look ok - how are you testing wired or wifi - always test wired and if you already are try a speedtest in modem mode

Tony
0 Kudos
mpitterson
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony, 

It has been in modem mode I've just done a full reset as it was that bad. 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi mpitterson,

Thanks for you post and reaching out to us. Just wanted to confirm how are things today?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
mpitterson
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey, 

Still the same it's been like this for a couple of weeks now. I have tried contacting Virgin but no response. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @mpitterson

Welcome to our Community and for your posts - I am sorry that you'e experiencing some issues with your download speed at the moment. We really appreciate you posting your logs for us too.

I've been able to locate your account from your forum information and I can see that your are currently being impacted by some congestion within your area; this is what is causing your speed issues even though your levels are looking ok.

I can assure you that we have technicians working on this issue and we're undertaking upgrades in your area in order to support the increased demand. With permissions required from local authorities and equipment needed to be ordered and obtained it’s not a quick and easy task - especially during these difficult times. 

The reference number for this Area Issue is: F007916488 and at the time of writing, the estimated fix time is 05.08.2020. Times are only estimates and therefor can change - we always do our best to restore before the fix time where possible. 

This has been noted and logged on the account for you - I’m so sorry that I’m not able to give you a more positive answer at this time but please rest assured that our teams are working hard to get a resolution for all customers affected by this issue.  If you have any further questions about this or are still having the issue past the estimated fix date, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch and myself or one of the team will be more than happy to help you out. You just need to quote the reference number above and any of our staff members can check for an update. 

Thank you 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
maxin
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have same problem in North London. Am I experiencing traffic congestion?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to understand that you're also having some broadband issues @maxin - thank you for taking the time to join and post your first post to our Forums; welcome to the Community. 

Are you having the speed issues on both a wired and WiFi connection? After having a quick look at your details from here, you are currently not impacted by any known area issues. At the time of writing, no errors are showing and everything is showing to be within the parameters we would expect. 

We can see that you recently rebooted around 24 hours ago. 

Can you elaborate on your issues so we can best assist you? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos