Menu
D02100
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Download speed wireless

How much download speed should I be getting off the hub 500 fibre wireless on my playstation 4? With only 2 iPhones connected to it & baring in mind the PS4 is in the same room as router

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speed wireless

There is no such figure I'm afraid to say.

Just a few things that can affect Wi-Fi in the average home …

Blockage (visible) …

Mirrors, furniture, fish tanks, people, radiators, walls, flooring / ceilings.

Interference (invisible) …

Cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens, fridges & freezers, TVs, next doors Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi equipment, DAB transmitters, the list is endless.

My VM Hub 3 Wi-Fi went into meltdown when the local authority / police CCTV camera on the lamppost adjacent to my house was used.

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speed wireless

What speeds do you get at >>  SamKnows << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos