cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed not as it should be

Dodsy77
Tuning in

Hi

My download speed has gone haywire today, ranging from 80mbps to 280mbps ish on a 350mbps connection using Ethernet

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 15-18-24 Broadband Quality Monitor thinkbroadband.png

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 15-18-58 RealSpeed - SamKnows.png

4 REPLIES 4

Dodsy77
Tuning in

Router stats

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 16-00-17 Hub 3.0.pngScreenshot 2023-04-16 at 16-00-07 Hub 3.0.pngScreenshot 2023-04-16 at 15-59-58 Hub 3.0.png

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your downstream power is too low, the range should be -6 to +10. so you have fallen off the bottom, so to speak.

You will need a VM technician to resolve this issue.  Even so, I have to admit the Samknows is showing full speed to your Hub .....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Unless you have an attenuator on the back of your hub (looks like a small cylinder)

If you do, you can remove that yourself and you will get more power level!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Dodsy77, thanks for reaching out on our help forums and the community.

Sorry to see there are some issues with your hub's performance and speeds currently, we'd love to best assist with this.

Can you advise what fixes you've tried so far such as rebooting or resetting the hub so we can advise from there?

On our end the seem to be no issues with our hub or network at the minute, are you using any 3rd party equipment currently?

Can you please advise if you get below 180MB over wired connection on any of the speed tests performed as you've mentioned there's a range from 80MB to 280MB above?

Please, share more and we're happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs